By balki | February 9, 2017 | 0 Comment
Last night at our meetup, we had Mike Belding
as our special guest. And here’s the top 10 takeaways we learned from his experience leading engineering teams at Shiftwise.
- Learned about leadership, why you got it into and enabling others to succeed
- Life-long learning organization – as a new code school graduate, this is heartening to hear that you and your organization support that
- Being ok with changing business needs and adapting to that; while working hard to keep the core values of learning, accountability, and collaboration
- Excitement about PostgresSQL and hesitance to adopt dockers/container full-on
- You give me hope by mentioning your problem of visibility for Shiftwise; it gives me hope that there are other companies that will be a good match for my needs and I just need to search harder
- Your leadership philosophy of not pushing your agenda onto others but empowering them to be successful on their own
- Starting with why – how you make sure there is a vision for every project you start at Shiftwise
- I am going to move up the Michael Lewis “Undoing project” up on my reading list after hearing you talk about it
- I’ve always wanted to work for small companies so I could influence; its good to know that is possible even at larger companies like ShiftWise
- It is great to admit that you OK with attrition as your team grew and the needs evolved; to let go of key people who are awesome but not aligned with the needs is commendable.
Image courtesy of Aaron Burden at www.unsplash.com